To be considered for a New Zealand Youth Award 2017 (excluding the Youth Champion Award) nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently living, and have lived in New Zealand for the past 12 months or more
- Have participated in the activities they have been nominated for within the past 12 months
- For Change Maker (LGBTI and/or Cultural and/or Community Safety), Leadership, Giving Back, Working for Youth, Youth with Disability, Youth Group and Youth Enterprise awards: have participated in activites they were nominated for outside of their regular study or work commitments
- For Change Maker (LGBTI and/or Cultural and/or Community Safety), Leadership, Giving Back, Working for Youth, Youth with Disability, Youth Group and Youth Enterprise awards: be aged between 12 and 24 as at 22nd March 2017.
Short Answer Questions
When considering the nomination, the selection panel will consider the extent that the nominee has:
- Contributed significantly to their community
- Taken action to address an identified need in their community
- Demonstrated the ability to motivate, engage and positively influence others
- Demonstrated initiative to provide solutions
- Demonstrated commitment and perseverance
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Please use the questions in the nomination form to tell us about the achievements of the person or group you are nominating. You should provide examples about the activities that will help the selection panel assess their nomination and support their suitability to be awarded in their nomination category.
2017 New Zealand Youth Awards will be awarded to up to five recipients in each of our categories.